Thursday, October 21, 2010

Marriage thoughts Step 2

For a good discussion on marriage take a look at the comments posted under yesterday's post - Marriage Agreements and Disagreements. My response to the post left me with additional thoughts which is not unusual. My thoughts here are more in line with preferences as opposed to convictions but it could be both. I introduced the idea of headship and although a biblical principle I know many men who abuse this and thus, females tend to recoil when it's mentioned. Eph 5: 22-33. Please also refer to I Peter 3:1-7. There's good guidance here especially for those who might respond with "well, what if my husband's wrong?" If he's truly a believer and seeking God's will then the best way for him to discover whatever he is in error about is letting God bring him to that realization. A wife insisting on her way or worse - nagging him to agree, will result in most males digging in their heels. Oh, and one more thing - should you try his way and it doesn't work out well.......resist at ALL costs the "I told you so". BTW - that's good advice whether it's a marriage relationship, friendship, employer/employee etc. Absolutely everyone I know hates to hear "I told you so" so what makes us think it's ok to say it to someone else? Seek His way and you'll be blessed for it; regardless of the circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. The one basic principle which allows headship to succeed and supercedes all others is often missing. It requires no spousal support - no reciprocal action - and no conditions:

    "Husbands, llove your wife as Christ lloved the Church."

    ReplyDelete